Document legalisations (apostilles and authentications) and Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage for South Australia are provided through the Australian Passport Office in Adelaide between the hours of 8.30am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday.
The South Australia State Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade can assist South Australian businesses with interests in trade and investment overseas. We aim to raise awareness and understanding in South Australia of foreign affairs and trade issues and to assist business and State government to make the most of international trade opportunities.
- Authentications, Apostilles and CNIs - refer to the legalising documents page for forms, costs and other important information. Documents lodged through the mail are processed in Sydney and Melbourne.
Telephone: 1300 935 260
- Visits, events and business briefings
- Facilitation of meetings with visiting Australian Ambassadors and High Commissioners to discuss trade and foreign policy issues
- Briefings and seminars on trade and business related issues
- Advice on access to overseas markets and international business networks
- Advice on relevant research and publications produced by the Department
South Australia State Director, Ms Elizabeth Day
Services to business
Among the most important responsibilities of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is to negotiate away market access barriers which hinder Australian exporters in their efforts to develop export markets.
These can include such things as tariffs, quotas, or unreasonable technical regulations or standards. The Department is able to address these problems in bilateral government to government negotiations with the country concerned, in regional forums such as APEC, or in the World Trade Organisation.
The Department can target those market access barriers which matter to Australian business only if Australian business tells the Department what they are. We therefore encourage South Australian businesses which find themselves up against market access barriers in potential export markets to get in touch with the South Australia State Office and make us aware of the problem so that we can start work on solving it.
If you are a South Australian business affected by market access barriers, our State Director and his business relations team will always be keen to hear from you. There is no charge for consulting us on such matters - it is part of our core business as a policy arm of government, aimed at creating the best possible conditions for a more prosperous Australia.
To discuss market access issues, please call: Dave Gordge SA State Director on (08) 8403 4850.