Document legalisations (apostilles and authentications) and Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage for Queensland are provided through the Brisbane Passport Office between the hours of 8.30am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday.
150 Charlotte Street (opp Queensland Health)
Brisbane Qld 4000
GPO Box 879
Brisbane Qld 4001
Queensland State Director, Ms Alison Carrington
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) not only offers an invaluable service to Australians overseas through a network of Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates, but it also works domestically to advance Australia’s foreign policy, trade, development and consular interests.
The Queensland State Office builds and maintains strong relationships with a range of stakeholders across metropolitan and regional Queensland. This includes State and local governments, non-government organisations, universities, businesses, professional associations, and priority sectors for our exports, such as education and tourism.
We assist the Queensland government with its international objectives by sharing information and facilitating international trade missions, promoting a ‘Team Australia’ approach.
We also assist the Department by providing support to our portfolio Ministers and Parliamentary Secretary, and assisting government and industry in Queensland to connect with foreign markets.
Authentications, Apostilles and CNIs
Document legalisations (apostilles and authentications) and Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage for Queensland are provided through the Brisbane Passport Office between the hours of 8.30am and 1.00pm Monday to Friday. Refer to the Legalising documents page for forms, costs and other important information. Documents lodged through the mail are processed in Sydney and Melbourne.
- Level 17
150 Charlotte Street
BRISBANE QLD 4000
- 8:30am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday (passport services)
- 8:30am to 1:00pm Monday to Friday - document legalisations, authentications and Apostilles and Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage.
Please note: Due to high demand, processing times in Brisbane for Apostilles, Authentications and Certificate of No Impediments will be up to two working days until mid January.
Postal address (for authentications, apostilles or Certificates of No Impediment to Marriage)
- Australian Passport Office
GPO Box 1588
MELBOURNE VIC 3001
- Australian Passport Office
GPO Box 9807
SYDNEY NSW 2000
If you are seeking emergency consular assistance, please call the 24-hour Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305 (overseas) or 1300 555 135 (local call costs within Australia).
Australian citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to access our travel advice and information about consular services via the Smartraveller website.
Working towards lower barriers for Australian exporters is an important objective for us. DFAT’s ability to advance the interests of Australian exporters depends in large part on the information provided to it by the business community. If you are facing barriers in getting your exports into foreign markets, please contact us.
- The Queensland State Office organises consultations in Brisbane and regional cities on trade issues, including developments in negotiations in the World Trade Organization, Australian and UN sanctions, and in negotiations towards free trade agreements with other countries.
- We also manage visits to Queensland by Australian Ambassadors and High Commissioners so they can consult directly with stakeholders in Australia.
Information on the international trade environment
DFAT can help you access information about the global, regional or country environment into which you are seeking to export your goods and services, including economic data from our Countries and Regions page.
- Subscribe to Trade Talk for the latest trade news from Australia and the world.
- For more information about the practical aspects of exporting, consult Austrade.
DFAT provides information on the international trade environment to exporters including publications on Australia, Australian foreign and trade policies and the economic and political climate in other countries.
DFAT recruits both graduates and non-graduates for a range of positions. The Department offers a varied and challenging career advancing Australia's international political, economic, development, consular and security interests.
The Queensland State Office does not recruit employees directly, and we are unable to offer opportunities for work experience or internships in the office.
Other helpful sites
Public holiday closures
The office will be closed to the public for the following holidays:
- 1 January 2016 – New Year’s Day
- 25 January 2016 – Australia Day Closure
- 26 January 2016 – Australia Day
- 25 March 2016 – Good Friday
- 28 March 2016 – Easter Monday
- 25 April 2016 – ANZAC Day
- 2 May 2016 – Labour Day
- 10 August 2016 – Royal Queensland Show Day
- 3 October 2016 – Queen’s Birthday
- 26 December 2016 – Boxing Day
- 27 December 2016 – Christmas Day (in lieu)
- 28 December 2016 – Christmas Closure
- 29 December 2016 – Christmas Closure
- 30 December 2016 – Christmas Closure