The South Australia State Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade can assist South Australian businesses with interests in trade and investment overseas. We aim to raise awareness and understanding in South Australia of foreign affairs and trade issues and to assist business and State government to make the most of international trade opportunities.
Our services include:
- Facilitation of meetings with visiting Australian Ambassadors and High Commissioners to discuss trade and foreign policy issues
- Advice on access to overseas markets and international business networks
- Advice on relevant research and publications produced by the Department
- Briefings and seminars on trade and business related issues
- The office provides a service to authenticate and legalise signatures on documents for use overseas.
Authentications and Apostilles
Christmas and New Year operating days
For Authentications and apostilles, the office will be closed 23—27 December 2013 and 1 January 2014
Documents can be lodged and collected at Level 5, 55 CurrieSt, Adelaide. Our counter hours are 8.30am—1.00pm Monday to Friday. No appointment is necessary.
In most cases, documents can be processed in 24hours (available next working day). There may be a delay if we do not have a specimen signature on file of the person who has signed your document (this means we will need to verify their signature). Documents can also be sent via post. Please include your contact details, return postal address and an indication of which country the documents are intended for. You will also need a bank cheque or money order made payable to the "Collector of Public Moneys" or your credit card details (we accept all credit cards except American Express and Diners).
For notarial requests made via mail, please complete one of the forms below:
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
GPO Box 9807
ADELAIDE SA 5001
The cost of returning your document by ordinary post is included in the fee. Please include a self-addressed Registered or Express Post envelope if you wish your document to be returned to you via either of these methods.
Please note all payment must be in Australian dollars.
For further information please call (08) 8403 4899 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Passport Office is co-located with the South Australia State Office.
- Public counter hours are 8.30am – 4.00pm
- Australian Passport Information Service (APIS) is available on 131 232
- Operating hours for the service are Monday to Friday, 8am—8pm and Saturday to Sunday 8.30am—5pm (Eastern Standard Time)
- Please note: Interviews for passport application lodgement within the office are by appointment only – please contact (APIS) to schedule
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (08) 8403 4899
- Fax: (08) 8403 4873
GPO Box 9807
Adelaide SA 5001
5th Floor Allianz House
55 Currie St
Adelaide SA 5000
Passport counter hours:
Monday to Friday
8.30am – 4.00pm
Passport application interviews are by appointment only.
Authentications and Apostilles counter hours:
8.30am – 1.00pm
No appointment is necessary.
Australian Passport Information Service (APIS)
- Phone: 131 232
- Fax: (08) 8403 4869