- The Committee noted the advice provided by the IEC out of session since the last IEC meeting, and noted those evaluations recently published.
- The Committee noted ODE’s update on performance and quality analysis work.
- The Committee discussed ODE’s update on the terms of reference for the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls evaluation.
- The Committee discussed ODE’s update on the concept note of the Pacific Health Programs evaluation.
- The Committee noted the updates from ODE by the First Assistant Secretary, ODE and the Deputy Secretary.
- The Committee noted and discussed the Chair’s reflections on the IEC’s role.
- The Committee discussed evaluations that mainstreamed DFAT policy priorities.
- The Committee noted the status of current evaluations/work:
- 2017 Annual Aid Evaluation Plan and ODE Work Plan (mid-year update)
- Climate Change evaluation
- Cambodia Agricultural Value Chain Program (CAVAC) evaluation
- Transport Sector Support Program (TSSP) evaluation
- Combatting Pandemics & emerging infectious diseases evaluation
- Disability Inclusion Evaluation – Phase II
- Electoral assistance evaluation
- Economic partnerships in Asia evaluation
- Teacher development evaluation
- Facilities evaluation
- Aid Program Performance Reports (APPR) review.
- The Committee discussed the presentation delivered by First Assistant Secretary of the South and West Asia Division, on the performance, quality and evaluation efforts within this Division.
The Committee agreed that the future meetings of the Independent Evaluation Committee will be held on Tuesday 5 December 2017 and Tuesday 10 April 2018.