CAAR Strategic Plan 2013-15
Sector Focus Areas 2012-2015
The most effective way to identify where CAAR can affect the greatest impact is through relationships developed as part of CAAR's three key modalities: stimulate, execute and communicate.
Initial programs will foster further opportunities and relationships leading to new programs and initiatives.
Sector focus areas are based on evidence of:
- A clear need in the Arab world
- A perception of Australian comparative advantage
- Opportunity to enhance international students, sell curricula - especially in health education, but also in resources and energy.
- Food security
- Trade links are established. Good opportunity to work with Australian-Arab trade groups
- Infrastructure and ETMs
- Australian infrastructure operating widely in Arab world.
- Resources and Energy
- Australia has established regulatory systems and successful government initiatives to stimulate exploration for resources. Australia has well regarded educational facilities for resource professionals.
- Health care
- Strong Australian reputation, willing partners and supportive educational frameworks