Logos of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The department's logo is available in two forms:
Download for PC
- DFAT-strip-pc.png [PNG 11 KB, best for inserting in Word documents]
- DFAT-strip-pc.eps [EPS 308 KB, best for professional graphic design programs]
- DFAT-strip-pc.jpg [JPG 280 KB]
- DFAT-strip-pc.tif [TIF 84 KB]
- DFAT-strip-pc.bmp [BMP 600 KB]
Download for Mac
Stacked strip version
Download for PC
- DFAT-stacked-strip-pc.png [PNG 11 KB, best for inserting in Word documents]
- DFAT-stacked-strip-pc.eps [EPS 316 KB, best for professional graphic design programs]
- DFAT-stacked-strip-pc.jpg [JPG 296 KB]
- DFAT-stacked-strip-pc.tif [TIF 88 KB]
- DFAT-stacked-strip-pc.bmp [BMP 736 KB]
Download for Mac
The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet is responsible for administering the guidelines on the use of the Commonwealth Coat of Arms and the Australian Government Branding Design Guidelines.
Australian Aid identifier
Aid products and activities overseas which have Australian Government aid funding can be recognised by the Australian Aid identifier. In some situations, for example in publications, both the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade coat of arms logo and the Australian Aid identifier are used.
Using the Australian Aid Identifier
The Australian Aid Identifier is used to badge Australia aid programs, projects and products overseas. It is also used in some situations in Australia. The Australian Aid Identifier can be used:
- in colour
- black against a white background
- white against a dark background
- red and white against a blue background.
To save the logo onto your computer you should right-click on the link [Macintosh Ctrl+click], select 'Save Target As' or 'Save Link As', then save the file to your computer.
Australian Government coat of arms logo
Print and web versions
- Australian Government logo horizontal black [EPS 504 KB]
- Australian Government logo horizontal black [JPG 148 KB]
- Australian Government logo horizontal white [EPS 500 KB]
The Australian Government coat of arms logo is sometimes used instead of the departmental coat of arms logo when it is necessary to identify the involvement of more than one Australian Government agency.
An Australian Government Initiative coat of arms logo
The ‘An Australian Government Initiative’ coat of arms logo is sometimes used on products in conjunction with another logo.
Using the Australian Government Initiative coat of arms logo
In some situations, the use of the logo with the wording 'An Australian Government Initiative' is applicable. For guidance on the use of this logo, please refer to the guidelines.
Australia Awards managed through Australia’s aid program consist of:
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Australia Awards Fellowships.
There are a number of supplementary programs associated with Australia Awards Scholarships including the Australia Awards Leadership Program, the Prime Minister’s Pacific Program and the Allison Sudradjat Prize.
The Australia Awards program does NOT come under Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Australian Aid branding. The program has its own logo because it is a whole-of-government brand. Its use is governed by its own brand guide and style guide. More information on the Australia Awards
Visual identity guidelines
Detailed visual identity guidelines have been developed to assist with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade – Australian Aid branding. They are particularly useful for graphic designers required to implement Australian aid branding as part of an Australian aid funded project. Guidelines and templates are also available from email@example.com for graphic designers contracted to undertake such work.
Guidelines for NGOs, multilateral organisations and managing contractors
Guidelines have been developed for non-government organisations, multilateral agencies and managing contractors. These guidelines are updated regularly to reflect current branding advice. Questions on the use of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade logo and Australian Aid Identifier should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.