Apology to the Stolen Generations
The 42nd Parliament of Australia opened on February 13, 2008, with a 'Welcome to Country' speech by The Prime Minister of Australia, the Honourable Kevin Rudd, MP. Mr Rudd then moved a motion in the Federal Parliament offering an apology to Australia's Indigenous people.
Speeches to Parliament
- Stolen Generations invited to Canberra for the national apology
- Special arrangements for national apology day
- Australian Government to Apologise to Members of the Stolen Generations
- Reconciliation Australia
- Information on the Australian Aboriginal flag – Awards and National Symbols Branch, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet.
- “Bringing Them Home”: The Stolen Children report 1997 - Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission.
- ‘Sorry': the unfinished business of the Bringing Them Home report – Background Note, Australian Parliamentary Library, posted online 4 February 2008.
- Order of Business, Opening of Parliament (Word document)