The AAC Grant round will open at 9:00am AEST on Wednesday 16 September and close 12 noon AEDT Wednesday 14 October.
AAC Priority Sectors
The high priority areas are:
- Trade, economic and business linkages
- Innovation and technology
- Women in leadership
Other priority areas include media, education, arts and culture.
AAC Funding Priorities
The Council will prioritise funding for activities which:
- Increase people-to-people linkages between Australia and South-East Asian countries, particularly between people and institutions that have the capacity to influence others;
- Increase knowledge and understanding in Australia of South-East Asian countries, and the opportunities they present; and
- Enhance awareness and understanding in Australia and South-East Asia of each other’s cultures, values and traditions.
Purpose and Scope of AAC Grant Funding
AAC grants are intended to provide seed funding for innovative proposals relevant to the aims and objectives of the Council. Wherever possible, the AAC will seek to expand people‐to‐people and institutional links through partnerships with organisations and seed funding of projects to catalyse ongoing impact extending Australia’s reach and reputation. The Council’s mandate is to cover the ten countries of ASEAN: Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Applicants should demonstrate the potential for the development of sustainable links between individuals and institutions in Australia and their counterparts in South-East Asian countries.
Applications are open to individuals who are Australian citizens or permanent residents and to Australian entities with an ABN or ACN.
Applications are assessed against the AAC Guidelines. All applicants should carefully read the Guidelines before submitting an application for funding under the AAC Grants Program.
Before submitting an application, applicants should contact the Australian Government diplomatic mission in the countries they are proposing to work to provide an overview of their project.