- PhD, University of Queensland, 1974
- B.Ag.Sc. (Hons), University of Queensland, 1968
- Dip.Ag.Sc. (QDA, Hons), Queensland Agricultural College, 1963
- Foundation Member and Council Member, Company Directors Association of Australia
- Past Councillor, Australian Professional Consultants Council
- Associate Fellow, Government Technology Users Association
Countries of Work Experience
- PNG, Algeria, Argentina, Australia, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Egypt, Honduras, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Syria, Thailand, Vanuatu, Yemen Arab Republic
Professional and Development Work Experience
2005 - Present: Global Leader (Chief Executive Officer), Coffey International Development
- Dr Simpson is responsible for the operations of Coffey International Development and its regional operations which include Australasia (formerly SAGRIC and Coffey MPW), Europe and Africa (Enterplan), Middle East, Americas and Coffey Training.
Glen Simpson has been the Group Executive of Coffey International Development since 1987. He has been working in the development world since 1975 when he was a United Nations adviser in Spain. Glen has more than 35 years' experience in managing international development contracts.
Glen was a member of the Coffey Board for almost 10 years when he retired from his Executive Director position in 2009. He is a past director of a number of companies operating in the international development field, a Foundation Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and has been a member of a number of senior industry and state and federal government advisory boards during his career. He is also Deputy Chair of the Federal Government's Council for Australian-Arab Relations.