- Sector: Arts and Culture
- Country location: Japan
- Grantee: Canberra Glassworks Ltd
Canberra Glassworks will tour up to 20 high quality works by ACT and region artists from the Hindmarsh Prize 2018 exhibition to the Toyama Glass Museum in Japan from 26 October to 4 November 2018. An artist talk and demonstration will also be provided by one of the artists at Toyama Glass Studio when the exhibition opens.
The Hindmarsh Prize recognizes excellence and promotes appreciation of the world-class artists working in glass who live and practice in the ACT and region. The Hindmarsh Prize is presented by Canberra Glassworks in the Fitters Workshop, adjacent to Canberra Glassworks and it attracts thousands of visitors each year. It was initiated by arts patron Mr John Hindmarsh AM, Chairman of Hindmarsh, the Major Sponsor. Japanese-Australian artist Masahiro Asaka won the inaugural Hindmarsh Prize in 2016 and Scott Chaseling (NSW) won the Hindmarsh Prize in 2017. The winner of the Hindmarsh Prize 2018 will receive $10,000, a four week residency at Canberra Glassworks and a freight allowance.
- Launch of the Hindmarsh Prize, Canberra Glassworks, Canberra, 1 December 2017
- Exhibition Opening Hindmarsh Prize 2018, Canberra, 14 September 2018
- Hindmarsh Prize 2018 exhibition, Fitters Workshop, Canberra ACT, 14 September 2018 to 02 October 2018
- Hindmarsh Prize exhibition opening, Toyama Glass Museum, Japan, 26 October 2018
- Hindmarsh Prize exhibition, Toyama Glass Museum, Japan, 26 October to 4 November 2018
- Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants Program grant offer: $43,610.00
- Total project value: $78,610.00