Further to my C.50 : New Zealand Government cabled suggesting slightly later date than 2nd January for departure of convoy from Sydney, Melbourne. In order to co-ordinate movements of both New Zealand and Australian brigade groups War Office suggest delaying departure of the convoy from 2nd January to 9th January. Any later date than this would upset all shipping arrangements. Please telegraph urgently whether you concur.
Reference my C.49 :Owing to considerable arrangements for myself and particularly Northcott  to make with authorities here regarding departure of Australian division it will be extremely difficult to adhere to proposed return arrangements.
Propose therefore to catch following flying boat leaving Southampton on 11th December and Sunderland arrangements altered correspondingly.