Speaking publicly and privately of significance Australia I have used following arguments:
(1) Significance immensely greater than our population implies by reason size, resources, location.
(2) Outpost of Western civilization in Pacific Ocean.
(3) Purchase billion dollars worth American goods last 12 years against 300,000,000 exports to America.
(4) Australia is not a liability to its friends as witness last war and this war.
(5) Australia with increasing population and strength will have increasing contribution to make towards economic development of the Pacific area.
Glad to have other ideas in this connection.