To Mr. Beasley from Dr. Evatt.
Your reports 4  and 5. 
(1) It does not appear likely that Government delegates can sign an employment agreement at present I.L.O. conference when not so authorised by their Governments. I assume the United States delegates want decide the general principles of an agreement to be recommended to Governments for subsequent consideration. I agree we should not oppose their wish but on the contrary do everything to further such a recommendation suggesting- (A) That I.L.O. take some part in machinery for implementing agreement and (B) That lead is due to Australian Government.
(2) My statement  tonight followed criticism by Menzies  that you were taking steps independent of, and unauthorised by, Australian Government.
(3) My Press statement is contained in my immediately following telegram.
(4) Please make full use of my statement.
(5) You are doing a very good job-you can't have an omelette without breaking eggs.
Nash wants very close watching as he is an uncertain friend to Australia.