My immediately preceding telegram.  The following is text of the United States Draft Act of Surrender shown by the State Department to His Majesty's United Kingdom Minister Washington on 13th August.
Begins- 1. We, acting by command of and on behalf of the Emperor of Japan, the Japanese Government and the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters hereby accept the provisions set forth in the declaration issued by the heads of the Governments of the United States, China and Great Britain on 26th July, 1945, at Potsdam and subsequently adhered to by the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics which four Powers are hereafter referred to as the Allied Powers.
2. We hereby proclaim the unconditional surrender to the Allied Powers of the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters and of all Japanese Armed Forces and all Armed Forces under Japanese control wherever situated.
3. We hereby command all Japanese Forces wherever situated and the Japanese people to cease hostilities forthwith to preserve and save from damage all ships, aircraft and military and civil property and to comply with all requirements which may be imposed by the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers or by agencies of the Japanese Government at his direction.
4. We hereby command the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters to issue at once orders to the Commanders of all Japanese forces and all forces under Japanese control wherever situated to surrender unconditionally themselves and all forces under their control.
5. We hereby command all civil, military and naval officials to obey and enforce all proclamations, orders and directives deemed by the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers to be proper to effectuate this surrender and issued by him or under his authority and we direct all such officials to remain at their posts and to continue to perform their non-combatant duties unless specifically relieved by him or under his authority.
6. We hereby undertake for the Emperor, the Japanese Government and their successors to carry out the provisions of the Potsdam declaration in good faith and to issue whatever orders and take whatever action may be required by the Supreme Commander for the Allied powers or by any other designated representative of the Allied Powers for the purpose of giving effect to that declaration.
7. We hereby command the Japanese Imperial Government and the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters at once to liberate all Allied prisoners of war and civilian internees now under Japanese control and to provide for their protection, care, maintenance and immediate transportation to places as directed.
8. The authority of the Emperor and the Japanese Government to rule the State shall be subject to the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers who will take such steps as he deems proper to effectuate these terms of surrender.
SIGNED AT...AT...ON THE...DAY OF...1945.
By command and on behalf of the Emperor of Japan and the Japanese Government.
By command and on behalf of the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters.
ACCEPTED AT...AT...ON THE...DAY OF...1945 for the United States, Great Britain, the Republic of China and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, and in the interests of the other United Nations at war with Japan.
SUPREME COMMANDER FOR THE ALLIED POWERS