My immediately preceding telegram.  Allied Council.
Revised tentative draft proposed by the United States on 30th November.
1. There shall be established an Allied Council, with its seat in Tokyo under the Chairmanship of the Supreme Commander for Allied powers or his deputy, for the purpose of consulting with and advising the Supreme Commander in regard to the implementation of the terms of surrender, occupation and control of Japan and of directives supplementary thereto.
2. The membership of the Allied Council shall consist of Supreme Commander (or his deputy) who shall be Chairman and the United States member, Union of Soviet Socialist Republics member, Chinese member and a British Commonwealth of Nations member. Each member shall be entitled to have an appropriate staff, the size of which shall be fixed in agreement with the Chairman of the Council.
3. The Allied Council shall meet no less often than once every two weeks.
4. The Supreme Commander shall issue all orders for the implementation of surrender terms and occupation of Japan and directives supplementary thereto. He will consult and advise with the Council upon order[s] involving questions of principle in advance of their issuance exigencies of situation permitting. His decision upon all matters shall be controlling. In all cases action will be carried out under and through the Supreme Commander for Allied Powers who is the sole executive authority for the Allied Powers within the area of his command.
5. Action to modify the agreed regime of Allied control of Japan or to approve revisions or modifications of Japanese constitution will be taken only in accordance with decisions of the Far Eastern Commission.