Cabinet is to consider on Tuesday morning the question of Australia's participation in Bretton Woods organisations. I would like to have your views on wisdom of joining now, especially since my previous view was that we should await the outcome of I.T.O.
conferences. However it is now clear that this would involve long delay after expiry of period for membership on original terms.
Your advice in light of your assessment of the overall progress in your present discussions would be particularly valuable from Cabinet viewpoint. Could you please if possible forward reply to reach me Monday morning.