My telegram 218.  Following is the text of the Republic appendix. Begins:
1. The Republic Government accept the de jure authority of the representative of the Crown in the interim government within the framework of the Netherlands de jure authority during the transition period.
The Republic Government agree to the interim government being composed of the representative of the Crown and representatives of the future several States of Indonesia.
2. The Republic Government agree that in connection with Netherlands sovereignty during the transition period the foreign relations of the Republic shall be made to conform with the maintenance of the above mentioned sovereignty during the transition period as well as with the existence of the interim government.
The Republic Government express the wish that existing foreign relations of the Republic be fixed in conformity with the proposals mentioned in section 8 of enclosure No. 2 of the note of the Commission-General of 27th May, 1947. 
3. The Republic Government agree to the forming of all federal organisations proposed in the above mentioned note of the Commission-General as well as to functions which they will hold whereas their tasks and authority will be fixed together with representatives of East Indonesia and Borneo.
4. The rights of foreigners to estates are recognised by the Republic Government and restored unconditionally in agreement with Article XIV of the Linggardjati Agreement.  The restitution will be effected simultaneously with the drawing up of an inventory. Government properties within the territory of the Republic are to be the property of the Republic.
5. With regard to internal security and order, the Republic Government maintain their standpoint as defined in the note of His Excellency the President of the Republic.  In this connection it is necessary to emphasize the agreement of the Republic to a joint directorate for internal security of which the representatives of the several States shall be members. In the opinion of the Republic Government the apparatus to be used should be a constabulary of each of these several States only to be used inside the State concerned. Such co-operation should find its embodiment in a joint central directorate.
The Republic Government is willing to abolish all functions and organisations contrary to the Linggardjati Agreement and they also agree to a truce with all its consequences. All these measures have been taken and shall be continued in expectation that on the part of the Netherlands assistance will be rendered to create a situation and a sphere that will enable the Republic Government to work in peace.
The Republic Government is convinced that what is set forth above is the best way to realise the aims expressed in the Linggardjati Agreement.
Further, the Republic Government express the hope that co- operation between the several parties may be continually realised on the basis of the Linggardjati Agreement.