Ubani, the Acting Representative of Indonesia, called on us today and spoke about the position of the Republic following the breakdown in negotiations and stated Dutch intention of drafting an Interim Government. He told us that, on instructions from his Government, he desired us to convey to you the following three Indonesian requests which are being addressed to those countries which he described as their friends:-
(1) The Dutch blockade should be removed and communications opened up with outside countries;
(2) A reference of the whole dispute to arbitration under United Nations, Questioned regarding the form which he thought arbitration might take he said this could be left to Security Council who might appoint the present Good Offices Committee as an arbiter body with additional powers;
(3) De Jure recognition of the Republic;
2. We understand Usman will also be approaching you regarding the above.
3. Ubani told us that Soekarno, together with 6 Indonesian Ministers and 14 others, would be arriving in India 20th December. Soekarno is coming at Nehru's invitation but purpose of visit has not been publicly admitted.