Security Council January 17th. 
1. Van Royen apologised to the Council for the restriction on the liberty of political prisoners in Bangka as reported by the Good Offices Committee, and said that steps would be taken against Dutch local authorities responsible.
2. India appealed to the Council to make firm decision before the Asian Conference started on January 20th, as Delhi confirms  that discussions were meant to supplement and assist the Council within the framework of the Charter.
3. United States said, inter alia, that they regarded the Asian Conference, 'with sympathetic interest'.
4. The Council approved the Indonesian request for communication facilities through the United Nations, and for transport facilities for a representative of the Republic to come to New York. Privately they expressed the hope that Sjahrir might come.
5. It is suggested that it might be a wise move for Delhi Conference to invite a United Nations observer to counter criticism that the charter is being by-passed.
6. Council meets again Wednesday.