Australia's total goods and services exports soared 10.2 per cent in 2011 to $313.3 billion — the first time exports have reached over $300 billion during any 12 month period.
New pathway to step up negotiations on trade in services
Trade and Competitiveness Minister Craig Emerson has welcomed a statement by 44 World Trade Organization members — including Australia — which commits them to intensifying negotiations on an agreement on global trade in services.
Trans-Pacific Partnership stakeholder meeting on 3 August 2012
Stakeholders with an interest in audio-visual services or electronic commerce information flows are invited to meet with members of the TPP negotiating team in Sydney on Friday 3 August 2012. See TPP news for more information.
Trade in Primary and Manufactured Products 2011 released on 21 June 2012
Australian produced exports of primary products rose 18.1 per cent or $30.1 billion in 2011, reaching a record $196 billion for the year, according to new figures released by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade today.
- Publication: Trade in Primary and Manufactured Products 2011
- Media release: Primary product exports nudge record $200 billion in 2011
Australia has warmly welcomed Canada and Mexico as new members of the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Their inclusion in the negotiations, announced during the G20 Leaders' Summit in Los Cabos in June 2012, brings the number of parties seeking to conclude a wide-ranging accord on trade and economic integration across the Asia-Pacific region to 11.
- Media release: Australia welcomes Mexico to Trans-Pacific Partnership talks
- Media release: Australia welcomes Canada to Trans-Pacific Partnership talks
- Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement - Canada, Japan and Mexico
- Global business groups back Australian trade plan. 22 April 2012
- Australia recognises reform in Burma. 16 April 2012
- Trade Minister visits Latin America. 11 April 2012
- Australia's trade performance improved in February 2012, but remained in deficit. 4 April 2012
- Australia to participate in 2012 Yeosu Expo and announce Ian Thorpe and Yeojin Bae as Goodwill Ambassadors. 29 March 2012
- Jakarta visit to strengthen trade ties. 20 March 2012
- Minister welcomes Indonesia's entry into regional trade group. 10 January 2012