The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is a signature initiative of the Australian Government, which aims to lift knowledge of the Indo-Pacific region in Australia by supporting Australian undergraduate students to study and undertake internships in the region.
The NCP Mobility Program’s strategic objectives are to:
- support more study experiences in as many Indo-Pacific locations as possible;
- enable a diverse range of Australian undergraduates to develop a greater understanding of the Indo-Pacific region and build people to people links;
- fund innovative Mobility Projects that facilitate increased student mobility to the region and new or strengthened partnerships between universities and other organisations;
- encourage a substantial number of Students to undertake longer-term study, in-country language study and Internships;
- encourage private sector collaboration and sponsorship of the NCP Mobility Program;
- engage NCP Students, Australian Universities, and other stakeholders in public diplomacy and outreach; and
- continue to develop an active alumni community for Students to share their experiences, promote the NCP and continue to develop knowledge of and professional links within the Indo-Pacific region.
Mobility Projects must include at least one of the following components:
- in-country language study;
- Internships (including clinical placements, practicums or artist residencies); or
For more information visit the New Colombo Plan Mobility Program