Senate Continuing Order No. 10—The Department's Indexed List of Files
In accordance with Senate Continuing Order No. 10, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade provides an indexed list of titles for files created in the Department every six months.
In accordance with the Order the department's list of files does not include:
- files transferred to the National Archives of Australia
- case related files (for example personal representations or dealing with the personal affairs of departmental or agency clients), and
- files essentially related to the internal administration of the department (staff or personnel, accounts, training, or general administrative matters)
Other information in file titles that has been removed in accordance with the Order includes:
- commercially confidential information
- identifiably personal information, and
- any security classified information which is disclosed in or which could reasonably be established from a file title.
The departmental file lists are tabled twice a year, in the Autumn (preceding January to June) and Spring (preceding July to December) sittings.
The files are arranged under the names of the current divisions and branches of the department and then by file number in response to the Senate Order requirement that the list be 'indexed'.