Summary of publication
The Samoa Health Sector-Wide Approach Program (SWAp) is scheduled to come to an end in 2013. This report presents the findings and recommendations stemming from the review of the Health SWAp.
The purpose of the review was to assess the effectiveness of the program in supporting the implementation of the Health Sector Plan 2008–2018; the extent to which it has delivered value for money; whether the program design was appropriate to the political, policy and fiscal context; and whether it has laid a foundation for future donor engagement.
In addition, the review identifies lessons for the design of any future program of support to Samoa’s health sector. It includes:
- development of the Samoa health SWAp
- implementation o the Samoa health SWAp
- what has the Samoa health SWAp achieved?
- observations on the Samoa health SWAp
- summary assessment of the Samoa health SWAp
- recommendations for the future
- 7 annexes.
Independent evaluation, May 2013 [PDF 1 MB]