Summary of publication
This study aims to assess the current and potential market for sanitation and hygiene products, services and behaviours in rural areas of Bobonaro Municipality, including:
- Assess the value chain for private sector products and services;
- Assess behavioural determinants affecting household demand for sanitation improvements;
- Produce recommendations to strengthen community access to sanitation and hygiene improvements;
- Produce data to enable the development of a hygienic status brand marketing strategy, including brand platform and 4Ps - product, price, place and promotion.
- Assess capacity and willingness of the private sector to participate in a voucher scheme.
- Understand how and why people including people with disabilities (PWS) currently access, use and practice sanitation products, services and behaviours, including building toilets and handwashing stations.