Summary of publication
This plan provides details on the Vanuatu Women's Centre (VWC) plan for year 2, July 2017 to June 2018. It also provided a brief update on program progress from July 2016 to November 2016.
Key outcomes VWC plans to achieve over year 2 include:
- VWC Counselling, Legal Assistance and Support Service – including
- Effective and confidential crisis counselling and support services provided by VWC;
- Legal information, assistance and representation for clients throughout the country;
- Enhanced counselling and advocacy skills delivered through counsellor training.
- Branches and CAVAWs – including
- Accessible counselling and prevention services provided by the branches;
- Increased branch capacity to deliver effective prevention and response services;
- Community awareness/prevention and counselling services provided by CAVAWs in remote island communities;
- Strengthened capacity of CAVAWs to undertake community awareness/prevention, counselling and local networking.
- VWC Community Education and Awareness/Prevention – including
- Greater awareness of the dynamics and impact of violence against women and children;
- Comprehensive information on and analysis of violence against women and children.
- Human and Legal Rights Lobbying and Training and Male Advocacy – including
- Increased awareness of gender equality and human rights in key agencies, delivered through training provided to other agencies by VWC;
- Increased participation and support of men in efforts to eliminate violence against women and children (VAWC) delivered through male advocacy training.
- Management and Institutional Strengthening – including
- Organisational and personnel management and capacity building; and
- Program planning, management, monitoring and risk management.