Summary of publication
This report provides a summary of program progress from July 2013 to July 2014, and for the first 5 months of year 3 from July to November 2014. It also updates the future program of the Vanuatu Women's Centre (VWC) from December 2014 to June 2015 of year 3.
The following is a summary of progress towards outcomes and targets:
- 3,330 counselling sessions were provided to clients : 95% were with women, 4.2% with girls and 0.3% with boys. This includes 1,332 new clients and 1,998 repeat counselling sessions.
- In addition 2,677 people requested information over year 2, including 9% from girls and 7% from boys.
- In the first 5 months of year 3 from July to December 2013, there were 1,844 counselling sessions, including 535 new clients and 1,309 follow-up counselling sessions; and a further 629 women, men, boys and girls requested information.
- This gives a total of 6,007 people assisted directly in year 2 and 2,473 assisted in year 3 with evidence of increased service provision to young people.
- The VWC Network assisted 369 women to access Family Protection Orders (FPOs) in year 2 (a 32% increase over FPOs facilitated in year 1), and 274 to date in year 3.
- 31,298 participants in community awareness activities, including those who attended more than one session: 11,128 women (36%), 6601 girls (21%), 13,569 men (24%) and 6067 boys (19%). For year 3, there were 4518 participants to date: 1328 women, 1427 girls, 699 men and 1062 boys.