I refer to Mr. Winant's letter to me of 4th May , in which he
enquired whether I would be disposed to hold exploratory talks on
postwar international aviation in Washington on my return from
Under date 13th May I sent an interim reply.  I now desire to
confirm that it would not be practicable for me to arrange for
Australia to be represented at the suggested talks at the present
time. I shall however examine the matter immediately on my arrival
in Australia and will advise you further as soon as I am able.