Cablegram UN949 NEW YORK, 8 December 1946, 8.08 p.m.
(1) Your UN[Y]466  and our Assembly 354  and 360. 
Immediate action has been taken and was indeed in hand before
receipt of your instructions.
(2) Bailey has twice seen Dulles during Saturday and impressed the
Australian views on him.
(3) We attended further meeting of British Commonwealth
representatives Saturday evening and again strongly stated
(4) No further conversations are taking place between Dulles and
Novikov. The Soviet Delegation is considering the suggestion
referred to in paragraph 2 of Assembly 360 and may have referred
it to Moscow. When they reply, or perhaps earlier, the whole
matter will be resumed in the Subcommittee. Dulles appreciates
objections to informal conversations and intends to bring the
matter back to the Subcommittee on Monday morning.
(5) We will immediately advise further developments.