Sector: Economic Diplomacy, Trade, Business
Country location: Australia, China
Geelong's industry is now in an evolutionary phase where it must transform itself in order to survive from a labour intensive industry into an innovation and advanced manufacturing driven industry. A key part of this transformation has been the development of world class carbon fibre research and advanced manufacturing facilities in Geelong, coupled with priority technical support from the joint forces of CSIRO Manufacturing and Deakin University (via Carbon Nexus).
Carbon fibre has been recognised as one of the defining materials of 21 century, and has become a strategic industrial development focus in both Australia and China. Actively developing partnerships with Chinese surging carbon fibre industries at this point in time is of strategic importance to the future of the industry, and to bilateral relationships of the two countries.
This project is an important initiative, aiming to
- Accelerate engagement, build strategic relationships and pursue new investment and partnership opportunities with Chinese carbon fibre companies;
- Showcase our technology and R&D service capabilities;
- Help Geelong's industry transformation and development, ultimately putting Geelong at the forefront for carbon fibre technology.
This ACC project will enable us to have the necessary mobility and resources to effectively carry out these business development activities.
- Industrial visits/meetings in China, Jiangsu Hengshen and Jilin Tangu, 26 September 2016 to 2 October 2016
- Joint meeting and industrial demonstration, Jiangsu Hengshen, 28 November 2016 to 2 December 2016
- Invite project partners to attend at 2017 Carbon Fibre Conference/workshop, Geelong, 1 March 2017 to 03 March 2017
- Article/report publication, China/Australia, 10 April 2017 to 15 April 2017
- Showcase/exhibition at China International Composite Expo, Shanghai, 9 September 2017 to 12 September 2017
Social Media: CSIRO website and on Wechat account ATA-ACIH (operated by ATA Carbon Fiber Tech. Guangzhou Co., Ltd.)
Australia-China Council grant offer: $16,300.00 with no GST
Total project value: $19,570.00