Organisation: Green Grass Trading Unit Trust
AIC Priority Area: Lifting education outcomes
The Green Grass Dairy Training program, developed in association with TasTAFE and Queensland Agricultural Training Colleges, aims to increase the profitability of Indian dairy farms by expanding their knowledge of modern agricultural practices.
Green Grass, in conjunction with Natural Harvest (India) Private Limited, will deliver dairy training programs in four different regions of Kerala and will train farmers throughout the year on issues pertinent to sustaining successful production. Topics include farm management, forage production, drought and soil management, animal health and infrastructure design. Participants will also have the opportunity to be part of an immersive farm experience tour on working dairy farms in Australia.
- 11 February 2019 – Training Module 1, Kerala, India
- 27 February 2019 – Australian Farm Tour Group 1, Tasmania and Queensland, Australia
- 6 May 2019 – Training Module 2, Kerala, India
- 20 May 2019 – Australian Farm Tour Group 2, Tasmania and Queensland, Australia
- 23 September 2019 – Training Module 3, Kerala, India
- 7 October 2019 – Australian Farm Tour Group 3, Tasmania and Queensland, Australia
- 2 December 2019 – Training Module 4, Kerala, India
- 16 December 2019 – Australian Farm Tour Group 4, Kerala, India