Organisation: Western Sydney University
Sector: Building Cultural Understanding / Society and Culture
AIC Priority Area: Building connections through an educational or community setting
The project aims to bring together Indian and Australian women social entrepreneurs to share and gain new knowledge, explore networking opportunities and develop better understanding of each other’s country. This will be achieved through cultural workshops and a cross-country visit by the women social entrepreneurs from India.
Leveraging on their recently established partnership, Western Sydney University and Panjab University will organise workshops on developing a sustainable and innovative social enterprise, strategies for successful market development, operations, financial management, and social leadership.
Women social entrepreneurs possess empathy and distinctive qualities needed to transform societies and communities which form the core purview of social entrepreneurship. They however face pervasive gender specific challenges including limited skills and social constraints, among others. This project is thus designed to upskill small and medium social enterprise female founders and managers who are inﬂuential but under-resourced members of their community for self-enrichment, cultural exposure and social leadership.
- 1 October 2019 – Project launch and recruitment of delegates, Sydney, Australia, Panjab and Haryana, India
- 9 January 2020 – Pre-departure orientation, Panjab, India
- 3 February 2020 – Welcome reception, Western Sydney Univ (WSU) Parramatta City, Australia
- 3 February 2020 – Social Entrepreneurship Workshop and Field trip (5 days), WSU, Parramatta City
- 7 February 2020 – Post-workshop video journal recording and Farewell dinner, WSU, Parramatta City
- 24 February 2020 – Grant Activity Report preparation and submission, WSU and Panjab University
- Various WSU facebooks, Yammer, Project Facebook, etc.