Organisation: OzAsia Festival
Sector: Building Cultural Understanding / Society and Culture
AIC Priority Area: Shared democratic, institutional and cultural traditions
JLF Adelaide is a prestigious Australia-India cultural collaboration between the global literary phenomenon that is Jaipur Literature Festival, and OzAsia Festival, Australia's leading international arts festival engaging with Asia.
A major event in the critically acclaimed OzAsia Festival artistic program, JLF Adelaide will run from Friday 1 to Sunday 3 November 2019. JLF Adelaide is completely free and provides open access to over 30 sessions featuring approximately 60 speakers.
This year, JLF Adelaide invites you to take a ride around Asia with some of the region’s most celebrated writers, thinkers and performers, in an event that combines talks, panels, and readings with music and performances. Join us for conversations about myth, privilege, history, violence, gender, hope, and peculiar places.
- Festival Directors: William Dalrymple and Namita Gokhale
- Festival Producer: Sanjoy K. Roy
- Produced by: Teamwork Arts
- Festival Advisor: Laura Kroetsch
- Presented by: OzAsia Festival
Full program announced online in September 2019.
- 6 August 2019 – OzAsia Festival 2019 Program Launch Event, includes first announcement of speakers for JLF Adelaide 2019
- 28 August 2019 – JLF Adelaide Community Briefing
- 10 September 2019 – JLF Adelaide full program announced - DFAT AIC Logo will be aligned with website and print materials, National
- 17 October 2019 – OzAsia Festival Opening Night Performance and VIP Reception. Includes partner signage and verbal acknowledgement, Adelaide
- 30 October 2019 – Speaker welcome event for JLF Adelaide 2019
- 1 November 2019 – JLF Adelaide 2019 public-facing program. DFAT AIC logo included in print program, flyer, website and sponsor signage
- 1 November 2019 – JLF Adelaide 2019 Opening Address and VIP Reception. To include verbal acknowledgement of DFAT AIC support