- Sector: Arts and Culture
- Country location: Australia
- Grantee: OzAsia Festival
OzAsia Festival will present a diverse Indonesian program in 2017 which will appeal to wide audiences in Australia and further build awareness of contemporary arts and culture from Indonesia. The selected performances are all Australian premiere presentations and include extension activities such as workshops, networking and post-event discussions.
The program includes:
- Animal Pop dance workshops by Jecko Siompo (Papua) and his team of dancers held for primary school students, teachers and community groups.
- Indie music concerts by post-rock bands from West Java performing with Adelaide post-rock bands.
- A new contemporary dance performance featuring in the OzAsia dance program includes workshops and local dance community connections.
- 'Draptomania', a new performance by electronic music collective Filastine (Yogyakarta/Spain) for contemporary music lovers.
- Outdoor free music concerts by indie pop band Mocca (West Java) in the popular OzAsia Festival outdoor hub.
Launch of OzAsia Festival Program, Adelaide, 25 July 2017
Animal Pop Workshops, Adelaide, 20 to 26 September 2017
Air Bandung - music concert Adelaide, 23 September 2017
Specific Places Need Specific Dances, Adelaide, 27 to 28 September 2017
Mocca - Indie Pop band from West Java Outdoor Music Concert Adelaide, 29 to 30 September 2017
Drapetomania performance by Filastine from Yogya/East Java / Spain, Adelaide, 07 October 2017
- Australia-Indonesia Institute grant offer: $30,000
- Total project value: $258,750
- Website: www.ozasiafestival.com.au
- Social media: