Sector: Economics and Trade
Country location: Australia
Grantee: Australia-Japan Research Centre and ANU Japan Institute
The Australia–Japan Research Centre and the ANU Japan Institute will once again co-host the annual Japan Update.
The theme of the Update this year is Reinventing Japan and is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic, social and political landscape, and to give an ‘update’ on Japan’s recent developments and future directions.
This year will focus on three key areas: the state of the economy, ‘Womenomics’, and Japan’s politics and foreign policy.
2016 presenters and discussants include:
- Professor Gerry Curtis, Columbia University
- Ms Naomi Koshi, Mayor of Otsu City
- Professor David Vines, Oxford University/ANU
- Mr Hideo Hayakawa, Fujitsu Research Institute, former Chief Economist and Executive Director, Bank of Japan
- Professor Nobuko Nagase, Ochanomizu University
- Professor Purnendra Jain, The University of Adelaide
- Ms Kay Kitazawa, Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation
- Professor Noboru Yamaguchi, International University of Japan, Lieutenant General (retired), Japan Ground Self Defense Force
- Professor Bruce Chapman, ANU
- Associate Professor Simon Avenell, Director of the ANU Japan Institute, ANU
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
Japan Update conference, Finkel Theatre, John Curtin School of Medical Research, ANU, 21 September 2016
Social media: https://crawford.anu.edu.au/research_units/ajrc/; https://crawford.anu.edu.au/news-events/events/7989/japan-update-2016
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $16,000.00
Total project value: $103,817.00