Sector: Arts and Culture
Country location: Australia
Grantee: Harris Hobbs Landscapes
Contour556 Localjinni and the National Gallery of Australia (NGA) are collaborating to present a unique event on Saturday 9 March 2019 in association with Enlighten Festival, 2019:
- Conversation with Fujiko Nakaya
- Screening rarely seen Japanese and Australian experimental films
- Benjamin Skepper performance
Nakaya (Japanese), and Skepper, (Australian / Japanese) are leading arts and science researchers. Nakaya has patented an apparatus for making cloud sculpture from fog (Patent=#1502386), used in agriculture and industry. Skepper has created the world’s first digital stethoscope to record and sample the human heart and synchronized it to visual images.
In celebration of Nakaya’s NGA work, Foggy Wake in a Desert: an ecosphere 1977, they align at Enlighten, to evidence the vital nexus between art / science and place. The collaboration between Australian and Japanese artists brings together cinematic works from the 1960's, environmental artworks and contemporary music.
- Benjamin Skepper flashmob promotional event, At Circuitry, public artwork by Fiona Hooton, Civic ACT, 07/03/2019 to 07/03/2019
- Fujiko Nakaya in Conversation, National Gallery of Australia, 09/03/2019 to 09/03/2019
- Benjamin Skepper performance, National gallery of Australia, 09/03/2019 to 09/03/2019
Social media: www.contour556.com.au
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $12,000