Sector: Arts and Culture
Country location: Australia, Japan
Grantee: SeaSide Singers Inc.
In October, 2018, fifteen members of the SeaSide Singers, a community choir from Port Stephens in NSW, Australia, will join the Port Stephens Sister Cities committee on a cultural tour of 3 regional sister cities in Japan- Kushiro, Yugawara and Tateyama. In concert with Japanese choirs from those regions they will conduct workshops and perform for local residents, featuring a mixture of Australian and Japanese songs. The aim is to create harmony together through a shared love of choral singing and to promote ongoing friendly relationships between the regions in both countries. The SeaSide Singers will also be presenting pop-up concerts in iconic venues as they travel through Japan. Where possible in our concerts, the choir will also showcase Port Stephens as a beautiful place to visit through the use of a specially prepared video backdrop. We hope to entice Japanese residents and choristers to come and join us in a Choral festival in Port Stephens in late October 2019. The support of the Australia- Japan Foundation in helping us to achieve our aims is greatly appreciated.
- Workshop/Concert/, Kushiro, 13/10/2018 to 13/10/2018
- Workshop/Concert, Yugawara, 20/10/2018 to 21/10/2018
- Workshop/Concert, Tateyama, 27/10/2018 to 28/10/2018
- Firefighters Concert, Hibiya Park Tokyo, 19/10/2018 to 19/10/2018
- Pop-up concert, Hakone Sculpture Garden, 23/10/2018 to 23/10/2018
- Pop-up concert, Lake Ashii, 24/10/2018 to 24/10/2018
- Concert, Hakone Garasunomori, 25/10/2018 to 25/10/2018
Social media: www.seasidesingers.com.au Facebook- SeaSide Singers
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $20,000