Sector: Arts and Culture
Country location: Australia, Japan
Grantee: Tasmania Performs as managed by Performing Lines
THE FROCK by Graeme Murphy with Mature Artists Dance Experience (MADE).
MADE will perform alongside Sadler’s Wells Company of Elders and Saitama Gold Theatre as part of the World Gold Theatre Festival in Saitama Japan. In a unique meeting of the traditional and the technological, two of Australia’s foremost dance creatives, Graeme Murphy AO and Janet Vernon AM collaborate with Tasmania’s MADE to bring to the stage a dance theatre work like no other. Spoken word, song, soundscape, installation, costume and machine are used create an innovative theatrical experience that embroiders together a tale inspired by photographs from ensemble members in their “best dress”.
THE FROCK is a patchwork of personal recollection and aspiration that expands on ideas of how Australians lived, have loved, why they dance and what makes their hearts sing.
- Open rehearsal, Moonah Arts Centre, Hobart, Tasmania, 14/09/2018
- Care home workshop 1 of 2 hours duration- Care home facility, Saitama Japan, 25/09/2018
- 3 x Performances - Saitama Arts Theatre, Saitma, Japan, 28/09/2018 to 30/09/2018.
- Post show panel discussion, Saitama Arts Theatre, 28/09/2018 to 30/09/2018
- Care home workshop 2 of 2 hours, Care home facility 2, Saitama, Japan, 01/10/2018
- Interview by Etsuko Onodera with Graeme Murphy.
- Japanese dance magazine - http://dancedition.com/, 25/08/2018
Social media: https://www.facebook.com/tasperforms/ https://www.facebook.com/MatureArtistsDance/
Australia-Japan Foundation grant offer: $19,814