- Sector: Economic Diplomacy, Trade, Business
- Country location: Australia
- Grantee: Swinburne University of Technology
The competition selects 10 students from Arab Middle Eastern and North African countries with innovative start up ideas providing them with intensive training over a two-day workshop. The workshop will be held at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne and students will be mentored by a group of prominent industry and academic experts in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation. Mentors will share their tried and tested methodologies about establishing and running a business when replicated may yield similar results. The project fosters the cultural and business relationships between Australia and the participants Arab countries.
- Competition information to Victorian and NSW Universities, 15 August to 15 September 2019
- Application submission deadline: Melbourne, 30 September 2019
- Assess and invite the top 10 students in the Competition: Melbourne, 1 to 20 October 2019
- Deliver, Young Arab StartUp Pitch Competition: Swinburne University of Technology, 4 to 5 December 2019
- Council for Australian-Arab Relations grant offer: $20,000.
- Total project value: $54,611.