- Sector: Arts and Culture
- Country location: Australia, Singapore
- Grantee: OzAsia Festival
OzAsia Festival will present a Singapore-focused cultural engagement program that strengthens cultural ties with Singapore. The program will attract significant publicity in both Australia and Singapore and foster long term person to person partnerships. Some examples of events in the comprehensive artistic and cultural program include:
- 'After Utopia': institutional collaboration between Singapore Art Museum and Samstag Museum.
- 'Hotel' by W!LD RICE THEATRE: major Singaporean theatre presentation scheduled as a major event.
- 'Recalling Mother': theatre production from Singapore with detailed audience engagement and post-show discussion around the theme of generation change and multicultural identity.
- 'Dance Lab': collaborative project including choreographers from Australia and Singapore working together.
- The SA (music group from Singapore) performing the live music score to Adelaide's Moon Lantern Festival, with an anticipated audience of 25,000 people.
- Selection of Singapore films and opening of OzAsia Film Program by acclaimed Singaporean Director Kirsten Tan, who will also do Q&A events.
The Singapore-Australia showcase will also include a platform for cultural diplomacy with the Australia-Singapore Cultural Leaders’ Dialogue bringing together approximately 120 cultural leaders from both countries. Other delegations include The Australian Theatre Forum, Asian Dramaturgs Network and Australasian Computer Music Conference.
- OzAsia Festival Program Launch, Singapore, 24 July 2017
- Opening of Singapore Film Program at OzAsia Festival - Adelaide, Australia, 20 September 2017
- Australia-Singapore Cultural Leaders Dialogue Conference, Adelaide, Australia, 27 September 2017
- Australian Cultural Diplomacy Grants Program grant offer: $50,000 plus $5,000 GST
- Australia-Indonesia Institute grant offer: $30,000 plus $3,000 GST
- Australia-Korea Foundation grant offer: $10,000 plus $1,000 GST
- Total project value: $954,690.00